About 2 months ago I had about 350 subscriptions in bloglines. I made a goal to reduce it in half by end of August. Today I now have only 150. I was reading way too much and many of the feeds were redundant.
Interesting enough I did not simply go through and remove 200 subscriptions in one fell swoop. Instead I gradually pruned the subscriptions as I realized which ones were not providing content that was relevant to me now.
It seems that my approach to incremental cleanup is similar to the idea of incremental software development. I simply purged a few of the items that seemed least relevant on any given day. In software, it requires the same kind of discipline to keep clarity and simplicity in a design. Or, maybe I am taking my analogy a bit too far.
Any way, less to read, more time to write code.